What is Mother Earth? Mother Earth is defined as “the earth considered as the source of all its living beings and inanimate things.” The expression of Mother Earth or sometimes called “Mother Nature” comes from ancient religious or mythical backgrounds. They spoke of their mothers and fathers who described and embodied the unknown or supernatural of things. Today, many use the term Mother Earth along with our planet Earth interchangeably.
What is the Importance of Protecting Mother Earth?
Since we only have one planet to live on, we need to start to invest in the environment and save it for all of our generations to come. Here are some of the reasons we need to help raise awareness to save Mother Earth!
- Enjoying the Beauty of Nature that Mother Earth provides. We are all blessed by just seeing a sunrise or sunset in nature. We can enjoy the beautiful beaches that we walk upon and the flowers that we see blooming. We are immersed in the nature that it provides for all the animals that live there. Just these few aspects given raise our vibration and give us joy and happiness.
- Being able to Breathe. We are blessed with the air that we breathe for us to live our daily lives. All the beautiful trees assist us to give us the oxygen we need to breathe. If we don’t have trees how will we be able to breathe?
- Providing us with Food and Water. We are blessed that Mother Earth provides us with our daily needs of food and water from nature. We drink water from the rain, lakes and snow. We eat the fruits and seeds from the trees, plants from our gardens and animals from the woods. If we didn’t have any of these things on earth how would we drink or eat?
What Can We do to Help to Save Mother Earth?
- Recycle, Recycle, Recycle! Start by recycling all of the things you may use that can be recycled. This helps to reduce landfills and reduces wastes. When things are reused and re purposed for other things we are already helping the environment!
- Reducing your Needs and Consumption! Reducing your water and energy usages. Turn off the water when brushing your teeth. Turn off the lights when you are not in a room. Look at these things and other ways you can save the environment!
- Education is Key! Teaching not only our children but others too on how valuable Mother Earth is to us! The more you can teach the conservation and value of Mother Earth to others the more we are helping to save the environment. Remember it only takes 1 person to changes others viewpoints!
Lastly, by taking actions and also teaching others the importance of saving Mother Earth, we are indeed making a small contribution to helping saving her. Small actions of change by several people make big changes on a whole! I hope you will be inspired to do your part on helping to save our environment, our planet, Mother Earth!